A journey of self discovery
This is a live document I've created to help me with the process of discovering and understanding one's true self. As a reminder to myself (and anyone who plans to do this), it is imperative not to deny oneself simply because society deems some of these traits at negative. Everyone is flawed, you need to first come to terms with who you are otherwise you will never truly be in sync with yourself.
Priorities (sorted) #
- Family (relationships)
- Fitness (health)
- Freedom (choice)
- Everything else
Tenets I try to live by #
- Time is your most important asset. Choose wisely what you spend your time on.
- It is okay to be afraid of failure and rejection. You need to find the courage within to keep pressing forward.
- The only regret that you can have is not making that decision for yourself. Regardless of what you choose, there'll be things you like and dislike.
- Honesty triumphs everything. Don't let others doubt your true intentions.
- The biggest risk is not taking enough risks. Sometimes all you need to do is to take that first step.
- Life is not a zero sum game. Do well by doing good.
- Luck and privilege exists. Don't fret over things you have no control over.
- Death is always at your doorstep. Remember the past, live in the present, plan for the future.
Little things I enjoy in life #
- A nice cup of coffee
- Driving on an empty road
- Spending time with my family and friends
Things I'm good at #
- Planning w/ uncertainty
- Time management
What I'm bad at #
- Trading lol
What I want to achieve by 2021 #
- Started a sustainable and profitable business
- Learn some Japanese
Interests that I want to explore #
- AI in games (machine learning, game dev)
- Applications of ZKP (applied cryptography)
- Fully decentralised insurance (blockchain)
Facts that I know are true #
- I prefer talking to humans than machines but machines are really cool too.
- I prefer to create a system where it can generate me 200k / yr with minimal effort than 1 mil a yr at the expense of my family and health.
- I enjoy helping people.
Reminder to self #
- Don't think so much, just do but only do it because you're genuinely interested in it.
- Find what works for you.
- Avoid comparing yourself to others (and even your past self).
- Good things will come to those who are patient.
- Be useful, kind and generous to others.
- It's okay to take as much time as you need to figure out what you want to do. Don't agree too quickly. Once you've made a decision, stick to it.